Thursday, March 13, 2008

One year ago!

 
 
It is so hard to believe that a year has passed since we received our referral of Amilia Degenesh. I got the call on March 6th in the afternoon. I was painting her nursery when the phone rang. I picked it up, heard our social workers voice and screamed! We had been waiting 5 months for that call. After I settled down, I sat down on the basement stairs and she gave me all the information. I then called Nathanael and we both opened up our email- him at work, me at home, and we looked at her picture. What a moment. Seeing your child for the first time.

That night we celebrated and called family and friends.

Now, one year later... it has gone by too fast. It has been the hardest and most wonderful year of my life! After a hard 6-8 months, we have really settled in to our new family. Almost every day I look at her and get close to tears. She is such a blessing.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Katie said...

She's such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

We are so lucky to have such a beautiful niece/cousin! We love you Amilia. I remember when Anna called me after the referral.

Erin, Andy, and Henry

Anonymous said...

Anna
I can't believe this year has gone by so fast. Thanks for sharing your refferal story. It is such a special day to remember. Amelia looks so good. Wow I'm jelous of all her hair. Liv's has grown but not as much as Amilias.

Thompson's said...

Wow, a year already. It's been fun to go through this process with your family and see how it's made you all grow, especially you as a new mother once again. It's been great to be a part of it and to watch her grow!

gr8dc2b said...

Amelia looks great! How does time fly so quickly? I try to remember back to our referral day and it seems so long ago. I had forgotten that we shared the same referral day. Before we know it, our travel-versary will be here too. Miss you guys.
Take care,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

What a darling girl. Wow! The year has gone so fast. I'm so glad she is part of your family and you are part of hers. What a blessing!

Becky said...

She is definitely a beautiful baby girl in every way! And every time I see her, I just want to pick her up and give her a big hug! What a true blessing she has been to your family and all of us others who have had the privilege to know her as part of your family. Now, we are just waiting for Aaron and Katie's referral - that almost brings me to tears just thinking about it! I can only imagine the thrill for you and Nathaniel (and Aaron and Katie)as parents! God bless you. Becky and Mike

Katie said...

You've been tagged!
Rules of play:
Post 10 random things about yourself
Choose 5 people to tag and a reason you chose each person (can be totally nonsensical)
Leave them each a comment directing them to your blog so they know they are it .
You can't tag the person who tagged you (you'll have to make new friends)
As a courtesy to the person who tagged you, please let them know when you have posted so they can have the sheer delight and extra work load of reading your answers
Play!!