Friday, December 21, 2007

HAIR





Here are some pictures of Amilia's hair-do's over the last few months. It is getting so much longer, and I am able to do lots more with it. BUT I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN. African hair is very dry and brittle. It needs the natural oils of the scalp, so I only wash her hair every two weeks. Styling in braids and twists can encourage hair growth. I have also learned that hair is a symbol of status in the black community. All this is very new, and very interesting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amilia
Wow Anna! You have done great. I am so impressed with how streight your parts are and the braids are beautiful. Amilia's hair really has grown a lot. She is such a beautiflu girl! (CONJO!) Liv's hair hasn't grown as much. Where are Amilia's teeth. It seems like everytime I turn around Liv is breaking in new teeth.

Anonymous said...

Amilia,
Grandma and Grandpa Fresvik think your are pretty adorable!!

We love you. Say hi to all your brothers.