Thursday, September 06, 2007

Off to school







So this is what it feels like to have my first born off to school. I woke Isaac at 7 this morning. He usually sleeps until 8!! But he woke with a shot, excited that today was Kindergarten. The WHOLE family hopped in the car, and we headed to Rockridge. It is a quaint little school, nestled under hawks ridge and is just for Kindergarten and First grade. Mrs. Baker met him at the door, he hung his coat up, put his gym shoes away, and found his seat. And that was that! He was definently ready for school. As we were walking up to the school he said, "Can I walk in the door by myself?" He is enrolled in the all day Kindergarten, from 8:05- 2:45. He will be so exhausted these first few weeks.
Lincoln is at a loss this morning. He has asked me to play trains with him a dozen times. Isaac and Lincoln got to be excellent playmates this summer. Lincoln will be off to pre-school next week at the same little school. He will go Tues, Wed, and Thurs, mornings. I will blog next week with Lincoln's school pictures.

6 comments:

Andy and Becky Bailey said...

what a cute little man!! it seems like just yesterday he was born! hard to believe that he is already in school. can't wait to see the pics of lincoln:)

Katie said...

Great pics!!

Tonya said...

What a cutie!! I can't wait to see more pics!!

Philip and Abby Bailey said...

Wow, what a brave little boy Isaac is. We are glad to hear that the first day went well. We were thinking about him. We still can't believe how big he has gotten and grown up he seems. We will be thinking about Lincoln next week at he starts!

Amy said...

Oh so cute. I remember the day he came home from the hospital!

I once heard that parenthood is really just a long process of letting go. I bet this was a big one for you all!

Anonymous said...

Anna
That is so exciting. It will be different for you on the days that they are both in school. Just 2 at home. Enjoy.