Thursday, May 10, 2007

Out of the fog.....





And into reality!!!
**** Note- I started this blog on Thursday night, but didn't get to posting it until Saturday-
Today was the first morning that I had all four children to myself. I told Nathanael, "I bet you are excited to get back to work!!! HEE HEE!!!" He said no, of course. At one point yesterday,
Amilia was crying because she was tired, Isaac was chasing after the cat who had gotten outside, Sammy was throwing a fit because he didn't want his boots on, and Lincoln.... hummm... I don't recall what he was up too. But at that point I was thinking, what have I gotten myself into!! Can I really handle all four? Well, I made it through day one, and we are all in one piece. Amilia has started to cry a bit more, especially when she is hungry and tired. She has learnded to cry when she is hungry, which is great thing!! For the first couple of days we didn't know when she was hungry because she never cried.
***** Now it is Saturday, and there is never a dull moment at the Bailey's.. Yesterday morning I took Amilia to the doctor for her one hour appointment. The boys stayed with grandma at home, which was a good thing. We arrived at 8:45, and didn't get home until 12:30. Amilia was very well taken care of, and that was evident to the doctor. Although, he did find a double ear infection and ringworm on her scalp. The ringworm sounds worse than it is. It is just a fungus and we put lotion on it for the next 6 weeks. Then She got 4 shots, and had to get 11 viles of blood drawn for extensive testing. Well, lets just say it is the worst experience that I have ever had at the doctor. They couldn't find a vein in her tiny arm- so after 1 hour and 15 minutes of crying, we finally called it quits. We only got 5 viles of blood drawn, and I have to go back in on Monday to finish. The poor thing had a fever and slept the rest of the day. What a welcome to America!!!

4 comments:

Susy Q said...

She is absolutely adorable! Sounds like you had a great trip!

Brooke said...

she is so beautiful! I love the pic in the green dress - what a smile. thanks for sharing your experience... i'm leaving in three weeks! AAUUGGH!

Chatter said...

She is so adorable!!! I love the picture of her on your back. What kind of carrier is that? Did you make it? Congrats on having her home.
Chandra (fellow CHSFS member)

Amy said...

I check your blog every day hoping for new photos. In the meantime I trust that you and the whole Bailey gang are doing well!