Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Travel Details






Hey everyone!!! The last two days have been a blur. We have so much to get done. We booked our flight today, but not without a little scare. We were put on a wiat list for our flight home- and didn't get a confirmed flight until today! We fly out of MSP on Thursday night at 6:50 and arrive in D.C. around ten. We will stay over night there, and then take a direct flight on Ethiopia Airlines Friday morning at 9:45. We will arrrive in Addis Ababa 8;15 am their time. We stop in Rome for fuel, but we don't get off the plane. Bummer!! I think they are 8 hours ahead of us. We we arrive at the airport, we will apply for our Visa's- and someone from the orphange will be their to pick us up. We will meet Amilia sometime on Saturday. On Sunday we get to travel to her birthland and possibly meet her birth mother and some other relatives. WOW!!!! Aside from meeting Amilia, this is what I am most excited for. I am not quite sure what we will be doing the rest of the week. One day we have to go to the Embassy and present some paperwork for Amilia's Visa. I think we will also go shopping sometime during the week. Amilia will be in our care from the beginning of the week on. They really bundle the babies there - even though it is very warm. Here are some pictures I found on-line-
Thanks everyone who has leaft comments- I love to know who is reading these posts!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course I am reading this post! And I'm going to send everyone from my blog over to your blog, too! It's so exciting to hear about all of the details unfold.... Soon and very soon! Keep us as up to date as you can, my dear.

Katie said...

I'm reading - and praying for you guys!! Can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Baileys - we are so excited for you all and will keep you in our prayers in the upcoming weeks! Wish we could be there to meet her - she is beautiful!! God be with you all!
Nancy and the Swensons

Sarah said...

So exciting! Congratulations! We have friends who have adopted 2 from China. They did a lot of shopping when they were there, to buy gifts for the kids' birthdays as they grow up. Kind of a fun idea! We'll be praying for you!